This structure - the first of its kind in Rome - was established in 1976. The therapeutic programme is structured taking into consideration each patient’s individuality. This program implies a twenty-month full participation in group therapy, sports and cultural activities, including a total involvement in the daily life of each community programme. Users are also regularly assisted by the Foundation’s Clinic Service.
This service provides:
- individual and group psychotherapy
- work therapy (gardening, cooking, cleaning and maintenance of the premises)
- support towards detoxification
- health and social assistance
- self- awareness and self-help groups held by users r
- ecreational activities (sports, society games)
- cultural activities (visits to Museums and Exhibitions, projection of movies, library, theatrical activities, English lessons)
Assistance is extended also to patients’ families: they are involved in support and therapy groups, which vary according to the phase of the programme which their relatives are at. The staff is composed of fifteen people: psychologists, educators, social operators ( former IVDUs ) and volunteers.